The Cas9 Sequencing Kit enables targeted sequencing of large genomic regions using CRISPR-Cas9 and nanopore sequencing.
- Target specific regions of 5 to 20 kb to high coverage (>100×) on a single MinION Flow Cell without PCR
- Sequence a larger, contiguous region of interest (ROI), using up to 100 target sites, in a single assay
- Sequence native DNA — retain and analyse methylation or other base modifications
- Analyse highly repetitive target regions, including expansion repeats, where traditional amplification or sequencing-by-synthesis methods could yield a biased result
- Sequence long gene targets in a single pass that are not amenable to long-range PCR (>30 kb)
Cas9 targeted sequencing is a fast, flexible method for sequencing targets of interest without amplification.
Best coverage is achieved when using the CRISPR/Cas system to target a 5 to 20 kb region cutting twice at either end. For applications where only one end of the region is known, a single cut and read-out approach is possible.
For users that wish to target regions longer than 20 kb, we suggest a tiling approach and/or ensuring as highly intact starting DNA material as possible. It will not be possible to span larger regions without intact starting gDNA.
We strongly recommend starting with multiple probes and working out which approach works best for your experimental aims and DNA quality. Recommended input amount is 1 to 10 µg of high-quality gDNA.
Oxford - Broad (see "Related information" tab)
Oxford - Caribou (see "Related information" tab)
Delivery information: Flow cells and kits are shipped together at 2 to 8 °C. Upon receipt, please place the product in a long-term storage location at ‒20 °C. Oxford Nanopore Technologies deem the useful life of the product to be three months from receipt by the customer.
Caution: Oxford Nanopore Technologies products are currently for research use only.