A highly transparent and ergonomic polymethylpentene cap for GL 45 DURAN® laboratory bottles.
- High transparency (low haze) to visible light that is equivalent to DURAN® borosilicate glass
- Compatible with all glass lab bottles and flasks with a GL 45 thread
- Autoclavable at 121 or 134 °C, so is suitable for all GL 45 culture bottles and flasks
- Retrace Code for traceability
- Convenient liner-less YOUTILITY® cap design with ergonomic external grip
- Safe with excellent chemical resistance - non toxic, BFA-free and halogen-free, food contact safe polymer (broadly like polypropylene)
- PMP polymer can withstand intermittent exposure to temperatures as high as 160 °C
The benefits are clear in the latest addition to the DURAN® YOUTILITY® GL 45 screw cap product range. The cap is moulded from a transparent, non toxic PMP polymer, making it ideal for laboratory applications that require high light transmission. The ergonomically shaped YOUTILITY® GL 45 screw cap features a liner-less design compatible with DURAN® Original GL 45 bottles, flasks and YOUTILITY® bottles. The clear YOUTILITY® caps are Retrace Coded for traceability. The Retrace Code can be used to download a lot-specific certificate of conformance.
Applications: Algae culture, photosynthetic bacteria culture.