SpectraMax® Plus 384 microplate reader can run both standard spectrophotometer and microplate reader applications on the same instrument. SpectraMax® Plus 384 provides ultrafast, full spectral range detection for cuvettes, 96-well, and 384-well microplates, with the only temperature-independent method for pathlength correction. Temperature control and shaking included as standard.
- Monitoring of temperature-sensitive reactions with consistent temperature regulation from ambient to 45 °C
- Thorough mixing of samples in microplate wells with user-programmable Automix feature
- Quickly quantify DNA, RNA, and protein samples as low as 2 µl with the SpectraDrop® micro-volume microplate (available separately)
- Comprehensive data analysis with SoftMax® Pro Software
- Seamless integration with the StakMax® microplate handling stacker (available separately)
The patented multichannel optical design of the SpectraMax® Plus 384 microplate reader mimics a dual beam spectrophotometer, measuring each sample in the plate directly, eliminating measurement error due to variations in light output between optical fibres on other instruments for more reliable data reporting. The nine-channel system delivers both high precision and speed when reading cuvettes, 96-well, and 384-well microplates for endpoint measurements, kinetic assays, and spectral scans. The optical system of SpectraMax® Plus 384 Microplate Reader is built around a monochromator, which allows for selection of up to six wavelengths at a time for absorbance detection in the UV-visible wavelength range (190 nm to 1000 nm). Narrow 2 nm bandwidths deliver increased measurement accuracy and linearity over the widest range of assays, including ELISAs in the visible range or DNA quantitation in the UV range.