These spin columns provide a fast, easy to use format for purifying GST-fusion proteins from cellular lysates. The glutathione is immobilised through its central sulfhydryl onto 6% crosslinked agarose resin. Purification of GST-fusion proteins using glutathione (GSH) agarose beads is well documented and provides a one-step, high purity affinity purification.
- Binds at least 40 mg of purified recombinant GST protein per ml of resin
- Consistently purifies at least 10 mg of GST-tagged protein per ml of resin with greater than 90% purity
- Resin can be reused at least five times without reduction in binding capacity and purification performance
- Works well to purify GST-fusion proteins from bacterial lysates or use with pre-purified GST-tagged proteins to pull down protein interactions
- Validated and effective for use with Cell Lysis Reagents to extract and purify from bacterial or mammalian cell cultures