European standards for head protection
EN 397Helmets for general use in industry to protect the wearer against falling objects
EN 812Bump caps protect the wearer against the effects of striking the head against hard or sharp stationary objects
EN 443Fire protection helmets
EN 14052Safety helmets with high level protection
EN 50365Insulating helmets for use on low voltage installations (1000 V ac or 1500 V dc)
EN 12492Helmets for mountaineers
All safety helmets and bump caps sold in Europe are certified as European Personal Protective Equipment and have the following symbols as a guarantee of quality:
- CE mark
- Date of manufacture (day/month/year)
- Product mould number
- Shift number
- Material and properties
- Size of helmet
- Clean your helmet regularly with soap, water and a soft cloth.
- Store out of direct sunlight (between 5 and 25 °C).
- Keep your helmet away from chemicals like paint and solvents.
- Inspect the quality of your helmet regularly and replace if necessary.
- Replace your helmet once every 5 years.
- The helmet harness must be replaced every year.